Titel: The secrets of Aikido
Sub-titel: The hidden teachings and universal truths of Aikido, as taught by its founder, Morihei Ueshiba
Geschreven door: John Stevens
Staat: Goede staat als nieuw
2e hands: Ja
Aikiod is the way of peace, a martial art aimed at harmonizing body and spirit with the natural forcese of the universe.
In this bool, Jon Stevens explores the hidden teachings and deeper dimensions of Aikido, especially its spiritual wisdom as taught by its founder, Morihei Ueshiba.
The book explores:
– Practices for purification of mind and body
– The tantric dimensions of Aikido, unifying masculine an feminine
– The Aikido science of sound and how it parallels the use of mantras and similar practices in other spiritual disciplines
– Breathing techniques for calming the spirit and returning to the source of life
– The six pillars of Aikido: physical techniques based on spiritual principles that link us to a higher realm of being
John Stevens is a Professor of Buddhist Studies and Aikido instructor at Tohoku Fukushi University in Sendai, Japan.
He is the author or translator of over twenty books on Buddhism, Zen, Aikido and Asian culure, including The Essence of Aikido and The art of PEace.
He has practiced and taught Aikido all over the World.